Message in a Bottle Theme

Friday, August 20, 2010

The Last Song

When I was preparing for my trip to England with my dad in April, I bought 4 books to read while we were overseas.  One of those books was Nicholas Sparks, The Last Song.  I knew that the movie was coming out soon and I typically prefer to read any book that is becoming a movie prior to seeing it.  It was a book that once I started it, I could not put down...  My dad was sleeping while I was up until about 3 in the morning bawling my eyes out because it was your classic Nicholas Sparks tragedy.  I don't consider myself to be one of those people aptly affected by movies and books, but it was so beautifully written and could pull at every one of your heartstrings that I could not help myself.  When I got home, I gave it to mom to read on the trip down to Arizona for Brandon's graduation.  She promptly read it on the airplane and then told me she felt like an idiot because she was crying like a buffoon on the flight.  After all that emotion, I did not even see the movie in theaters...  Not because I didn't want to...  I just never made it!

On that note, Mom and I went to Wal-Mart on Wednesday night and I talked her into buying the DVD.  (It really didn't take much to "talk" her into it, though!)  Oddly enough, when we got home, it was kinda late so we didn't want to start it then.  But while channel surfing, we caught a commercial for the movie and it told you to go to a website to get a $10 off coupon for the Blu-Ray/DVD Combo pack!!!  Sooooo, since we hadn't opened the DVD yet, I went and printed the coupon and took our copy back and got the combo pack for $5 less than the original DVD copy!!! 


So last night, mom and I watched the movie and we both were crying our eyes out...  I know that it got absolutely horrible reviews because of Miley Cyrus, but I don't think she did that bad!...  It was a reduced screenplay compared to the book, but I think they did it just right.  I thoroughly enjoyed it despite the waterworks it incurred.  I would highly recommend it if you're looking for a really emotional night!!! HAHA!

No comments: